Law Offices Jeffrey S. Burg, Esq. is an employment rights law firm located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The Firm is also of counsel to Accettura & Hurwitz, a long-established estate planning and elder law practice.
Jeffrey S. Burg represents employees both throughout and beyond their employment relationships. From the initial employment contract to the severance package offer; from the wrongful rejection of a job application to the wrongful mistreatment and discharge of the well-performing employee, Mr. Burg is a vigorous and astute advocate of employee rights. Mr. Burg is experienced in a wide array of employment disputes, including:
- Employment Discrimination Based on Age, Gender, Race, Ethnicity, National Origin, Religion, Disability, Pregnancy.
- Employee Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Violence
- Retaliation / Whistleblower Claims
- Wrongful Termination of Employment
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Medical Leave, Health or Disability Insurance Issues
- Unpaid Commissionsv
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Employment Contract and Severance Negotiations
- Executive and Employee Counselingv
- Employee Workplace Privacy, including E-Mail and Free Speech Issues
- Defamation (Libel & Slander)
- Personnel Record Corrections and Claims Under the Employee Right To Know Act
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Defense
- Small Business Consulting/Training: As part of a commitment to protecting employees’ rights, Mr. Burg can train and advise small to medium-sized businesses on employment law matters and employee rights. In addition, Mr. Burg believes in helping employers try to address problems as they arise in the workplace. As part of that belief, Mr. Burg provides services as a neutral third party investigator to investigate claims of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation in the workplace.
Mr. Burg will provide personalized legal services, and believes in frequent communication and easily understandable explanations of all proceedings at all times. If you have suffered workplace discrimination or on-the-job harassment, if you have been denied FMLA time off to care for an ailing relative, or if you have lost your job due to wrongful termination in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim, you have been undergoing a high degree of stress. Contact the employment firm of Law Offices Jeffrey S. Burg, Esq. to begin the process of recovering damages for your loss.